Goldtop "Battle of Britain" RAF Sheepskin Flying Jacket
Sheepskin Flying Jacket
Based upon the original WW2 1940 RAF "Battle of Britain" Sheepskin Aviator Jacket designed by American aviator Leslie Irvin, our own unique take on a British classic is made from 100% British Sheepskin, and includes a double-panel back as opposed to the traditional four-panel, demanding only the best and purest Sheep hides (due to their size), and resulting in a much cleaner and premium quality jacket. Additional improvements on the traditional design include re-inforced belt loops and box stitched belt-ends, with a double-thickness belt, collar strap and zip pulls, all resulting in a far more durable and longer-lasting jacket. All zips are the best that we could possibly buy, and the jacket has been hand-finished with solid brass fittings throughout (including a unique brass belt close), with Goldtop motif rivets adding further definition to all zip pulls.
Sizing is true-to-size and will appear "fitted" if you are planning on wearing this jacket with a t-shirt or thin jumper, however, we do advise going for one size larger than what you would normally wear if you are planning to wear this with a thicker jumper or alongside one of 100% Merino Wool Submariner Sweaters!
- 100% British Sheepskin with Light Ginger / Tan wool
- Based upon the original 1940 "Battle of Britain" sheepskin aviators jacket
- Single split full-panel back (not split into quarters like the originals!)
- Solid Brass buckles, fittings, and clasps
- Premium quality polished-gold effect zips
- Double thickness belt, collar strap, and zip pulls (with Goldtop Rivet finish)
- Period ringlet armpit design
- Box-stitched belt with reinforced belt loops for durability
- Comes with a complimentary branded breathable nylon garment cove
To calculate your size, first measure around your chest at the widest point in inches, and that will indicate which size to go for. If you are slightly over a certain size (for example a 44.5" rather than a 44") or plan to wear the jacket with a sweater underneath, we would always recommend upsizing.
Below is a rough guide to our jacket sizing for each size, which is all based on the same general fit.